Thursday, January 11, 2007
This is a project I completed a while ago, but wanted to include it.
This dresser used to be bright purple and pretty beaten up. It was mine from when I was a wee child. It was then past down to my two other sisters, where it accumulated writings of old boyfriend's phone numbers and really bizarre "art" drawings. I decided to save this poor dresser from the dumpster.
So I sanded, painted and then covered the front of the drawers with wallpaper (anaglyptic wall paper). I wiped the front wallpaper down with a sponge and some brown stain to give it some depth. I also updated the knobs with some iron ones.
Now I have a brand new piece of furniture.