Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Nesting Has Begun!

Well, the countdown continues...

As we start to wrap our heads around the fact that we will be joined by a little girl, the nesting has begun.

THE BEFORE

I decided to make this little container to hold all the q-tips, cotton balls, and cotton swabs. I actually bought this inexpensive little wooden box from Ikea and was going to use it to hold needles and pins in the sewing room, but I changed my mind.

THE AFTER

I used some scrapbooking paper, ribbon and some stickers to create this little holder for our new baby girl's change table (which still needs to be built).

Overall, the room is still a bit of a disaster zone. We finally finished the painting (we had to do it twice...argh!) But as soon as it is all organized, I will post some photos for you all.

I hope the ultrasound is correct and it's still a girl...or we will have one confused little boy all in pink!

5 comments:

Pipany said...

Good to see you back again Tanya. Lovely to hear all about the nesting - it was one of my fave parts xx

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Oh this is so sweet! From experience of having a baby, you will definately need lots of cotton wool. I have the same box from Ikea, may consider buying one for my daughter's (4 years old) room and cover it as well, so she can put all her colouring pencils.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S The ultra sound tend to be fairly accurate. :>

Admin said...

hey tanya,
it seems like you guys are doing well, not to mention that bundle of joy and excitement give you even more energy, inspirations and creativity. well done! yes, november is just around the corner...wish you all the best with everything esp. of course the gift of love that is coming soon to join you.

take care and best of luck with your ideas...with a french twist still ;-)

ciaoooo,

Anonymous said...

Aw nesting! Such a wonderful feeling! Enjoy! Sending much joy to you and your loved ones!

:)annax

Belichek said...

so nice)))