Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cough, Cough...

I must apologize for neglecting you all, as I have been ill with the flu (yes...even here in the South of France you can get a cold). I have decided after a couple of days of doing absolutely nothing that it was time to get up and start sewing. So, with tissue in hand (and nose), I have started to sew again.

I have been frantically sewing for Saya (as you already know) and also have a custom order I am trying to finish before I go back to Canada for the holidays.

It's a custom ordered quilt made from baby clothes. I asked the client to drop off some old baby clothes (t-shirts, dresses, bibs) that I could encorporate into the quilt. A great way to preserve all those special clothes that would normally end up in a box somewhere.

I still have a lot to do as you can see. Some embroidery and applique, but I think it is coming along. Below is a close up of a bib that I cut up and included as a little patch on the quilt.

It's a slow process but I think it will look great when finished...I hope!

No comments: